Head of Communications
We’re currently looking for a Head of Communications as maternity cover for one year. In this role you will be functionally responsible of all aspects of Climate Analytics’ communications work, including communication strategy development, brand identity and design, and contribute to the overall strategic leadership of Climate Analytics.
You will directly line-manage one communications officer and help build a team of communications staff across our teams and offices as well as freelance contractors. You will ensure that our outputs such as reports and briefings, blogs, commentaries and press releases, as well as promotional materials are designed and written to the highest standard, further the reputation of our organisation and experts, and adhere to brand guidelines.
As an important strategic role in the organisation, the Head of Communications is part of the Management Team at Climate Analytics.
- You will lead and oversee Climate Analytics communication activities and processes, including media outreach, digital communications and events
- Manage communications staff and external contractors
- Manage media relations and further expand networks
- Work with the Executive and Programme Strategy Teams to further develop and implement Climate Analytics’ communication strategy
- Lead on the development of our brand identity and design guidelines, templates and presentations
- Working in collaboration with the heads of our content teams, lead on the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of communication strategies and plans for major projects and publications
- Support the development of communications capacity in CA offices
- Delivery of communications-related project deliverables together with content teams
- Support the project development and partnerships team with developing promotional materials
- Lead on the redevelopment and continuous improvement of the Climate Analytics website
- Ensure that Climate Analytics’ published output is of high standard
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leading communications role at a climate /environmental organisation
- Experience of communications work with a global focus, including perspectives of developing countries
- Experience in brand development, corporate design/ corporate identity development or similar
- Educational or professional background in communications, journalism, marketing or similar
- A broad understanding of climate change, decarbonisation, international climate politics, familiarity with the international climate/environmental NGO community and the UNFCCC climate process, understanding of vulnerable countries circumstances
- Proven experience in executing successful launches, events and multi-faceted communication campaigns
- Solid experience in working with key international news media
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Native speaker level English (our working language), French is a plus.
- Strong management skills and proven capacity to organise effectively work of self and others
- Great interpersonal skills, highly motivated, proactive, good team player, calm under pressure
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work effectively on multiple workstreams at once and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with a wide range of stakeholders
- A genuine interest in the mission of Climate Analytics
- Fluency in German or a second UN language is an asset
- Willingness to travel (once travel for work resumes)
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team in Berlin. Our office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene. At the moment most of our colleagues are working from home.
- We offer a company pension plan.
- We cover your monthly Berlin public transport ticket.
Application deadline: 21 March 2021
Start date: mid-late May
Location: Berlin preferred, but remote work would be considered for an outstanding candidate
Terms: Full-time position, one-year fixed term contract as maternity leave replacement.
Requirements: Preference for EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany.
Please apply with your
- CV and cover letter
- An example of your work as relevant for this position, including a short description of your role in developing this product
- A list of three referees
- Shortlisted candidates will also be asked to complete a written task.
Please indicate in your cover letter your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Claudia Neumann ( ).