- Immediate Opening for 6-month position
- 35 hrs per week
- Compensation - $18-21/hr
We are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active individual for the position of Assistant Watershed Resources Technician. The successful candidate will assist our incumbent Watershed Resources Technician in supporting the team across the full integrated watershed management program. Part of this role will also be dedicated to supporting our Citizen Science projects and programs with a particular emphasis on our climate change projects.
- Undertake field sampling and analysis across the identified program areas.
- Provide additional technical support to specialists in given area of expertise (water quality, biomonitoring, hydrology, geomorphology.)
- Support and assist with technical training and educational events.
- Support the team with data management and analysis skills.
- Provide technical and field support to our citizen science volunteers.
- Support and assist Watershed Resources Technician with maintenance and repair of monitoring equipment for all program areas of the department.
- Exemplary client and customer service delivery.
- Support other departments and programs as requested.
- Graduate from a University or college in areas such as Water Quality, Limnology, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, or other Environmental Science.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience, in a similar role.
- Experience or working knowledge across a variety of relevant field sampling techniques.
- Ontario Benthos Biomonitoring Network and Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol qualifications an asset.
- Fish, wildlife and native vegetation identification skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including spreadsheet and databases.
- Valid M.T.O. driver’s license.
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card required.
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification, or ability to obtain prior to employment.
Location: A combination of field, office and remote work.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how they meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, no later than March 19, 2021 to: IWMresumes@kawarthaconservation.com - Re: Assistant Watershed Resources Technician.