Project Officer (WASH)
The Project Officer will be responsible for implementing the emergency project in Chipinge, Chimanimani and Bikita. This includes: NFI distributions, rehabilitation works and Hygiene promotion as well as carry out on the ground activities such as targeting beneficiaries and facilitating and conducting trainings. He/she will be working with government agencies and private organizations engaged in emergency work.
Ensuring all WASH and Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) activities at community level are carried out and to ensure that all components of the programme are functioning properly, providing care of quality to all the beneficiaries through respecting guidelines and core humanitarian principles, WHO 2004).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in development studies, social science or other relevant field preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area.
- Experience in implementing WASH based programming and Child protection in emergencies.
- Experience in working in Binga and effective in written and verbal communication in English and other vernacular languages (Tonga).
- At least 5 years’ experience in humanitarian work.
- Experience in delivering training to communities.
- Performance and quality management of children/youth programmes.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff, with proven skills as a trainer/facilitator and mentor
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to forge excellent relationships with children and adults
- Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staffs
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 18 March 2021
N.B: The vacancy is subject to award winning.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.