Head of Project
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project - Kassala*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kassala, Sudan.
As Head of Project - Kassala you will be responsible for the successful completion of the project, in compliance with Welthungerhilfe and donor requirements. With your work, you will strengthen civil society & increase access to services in marginalized areas of Kassala State.
- Capacity building of local partners in Finance, Administration, HR, Procurement, Logistics, Programme etc.
- Capacity building of community structures such as Village Development Committees, Natural Resource Management Committees and Women Groups
- Manage the local team supporting the project, maintain high quality delivery standards and ensure professionalism and ethical conduct at all times
- Manage and ensure the quality of the WASH, food security, and livelihood components at community level
- Manage the project budget for Welthungerhilfe and local partners with their budget responsibilities and ensure oversight of every spending
- Ensure full compliance with all project related activities, both the Organizational Capacity activities, and the direct community level implementation of project activities
- Produce well accurate and high-quality regular reports for internal and donor audiences
- A university or polytechnic degree in rural development or other related disciplines with specific experience in integrated project management
- A minimum of 5 years of senior management experience in WASH service delivery and livelihood projects; as well as supporting organizational development
- Proven experience working in partnership with civil society organizations and in stakeholder management
- Experience in Integrated Water and Resource Management (IWRM), WASH and Natural Resource Management
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Excellent spoken and written English; Arabic language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 18, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.