We have an opening in our Water Quality department for an Water Quality Specialist. We are passionate about the environment while delivering life sustaining, high quality water service to families and communities. We embrace progress, provide training & development to inspire success in every aspect of our business and culture. In addition, we provide a competitive benefits package and 401(K).
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Compliance Manager the Water Quality Specialist is responsible for personnel and equipment involved in activities related to the protection of water source, operation of treatment plants, optimization of treatment processes, protection of distribution system, water quality and production of water which meets Federal and State drinking water standards. He/she assist in planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating staff and activities related to water production and quality; conducts data analysis on a regular basis to ensure permit compliance and for special projects; formulates and implements operating policies and procedures within general administrative guidelines; performs other related work as required.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS: The incumbent is distinguished by his/her responsibility for administering the Company’s water quality program, including knowledge of water and wastewater operations, technical expertise in the field of water quality, regulatory compliance with drinking water and wastewater standards, and compliance with environmental regulations. Acts as a liaison with representatives of various regulatory and government agencies as well as with business, developers, industry, community groups, and the public.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in water management, resource management, engineering, chemistry, biology, environmental sciences, or a closely related field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to multi-task, work independently or cooperatively across multiple departments, and work with limited oversight on select responsibilities. Must have excellent written and communication skills and comprehensive research skills. Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, ability to work under deadlines and work responsively on unforeseen challenges, and excellent organizational abilities required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage water, wastewater, land application, and reuse permits
- Ensure sampling requirements are met
- Analyzing water quality data with an emphasis on identifying real or potential deficiencies, and developing resolutions
- Review and update Monitoring plans and Operation and Maintenance plans
- Work in concert with the Chief Operator and Groundwater Supervisor to prepare for TCEQ Comprehensive Compliance Investigations
- Prepare and submit reports and notices to the TCEQ, as needed
- Prepare Annual Consumer Confidence Report CCR
- Manage Tier II Compliance
- Ensure Compliance related to monthly routine bacteriological sampling
- Coordinate lead and copper sampling
- Coordinate with Engineering and Operations departments to implement new requirements, and update TCEQ, regarding new facilities
- Provide operations documents review support during acquisitions
Maintain familiarity with relevant laws and programs
- Provide content development support for customer communications, as needed
- Respond to customer questions
- Special projects, as assigned
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: A valid Texas Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record are required to operate a company vehicle. Works approximately 85% of time in temperature controlled environment conducting administrative duties. Works approximately 15% outside and therefore may result in exposure to various environmental factors, which include undesirable weather conditions, mechanical hazards, fumes and odors, excessive noise levels, electrical hazards, dust, mud, confined spaces, poison ivy, chemical hazards, and animal/insect hazards.
Primary Work Location
1399 Sattler Road
New Braunfels, Texas, 78132
Work Environment and Physical Demands Code
B – Blend