The overall purpose of the job
The Project officer will support the technical and financial work of Wetlands International Europe in relation to the development and implementation of projects that will include the complete annual project cycles, contract management and reporting processes.
Responsibilities and tasks
Project proposals development
- Identify new funding opportunities.
- Work with external consultants to develop project proposals.
- Draft project proposals and budgets.
- Ensure that project proposals are pre-reviewed, submitted and followed-up after submission.
- Project financial and technical follow-up, ensuring compliance with donors.
- Preparation and submission of financial/administrative deliverables and financial reports.
- Support in preparation and verification of project contracts and agreements and in the preparation and follow up on invoices and transfer requests.
- Contribute to the completeness and accuracy of documentation for internal and external audits.
- Contribute to project archiving with an eye for continuous improvements.
- Supports management of international consortiums of project partners.
- Contact with projects partners, including guidance on administrative and financial issues.
INSIDE Wetlands International Europe:
The Project officer will work under the supervision of the Programme Manager. S/He will work closely with the team members managing different project and with the Project Assistant .
OUTSIDE Wetlands International Europe:
Consultants, contracted partner organizations, donors and any other relevant partners in our wider network. The project officer will also liaise with Wetlands International Global finance and resource development team when needed.
The Project officer has experience in project management cycles and financial management. S/He is a flexible and focus oriented multi tasker. It is essential that the Project officer pays high attention to details and is reliable with figures and project budgets. S/He is a proactive person that can work as a constructive member of a team with minimum supervision. S/He is an organized and structured person able to prioritize and used to work with tough deadlines. S/He is ccapable to write clear and consistent reports. S/He is Curious & creative and with a good sense of humour and possesses an understanding of and empathy with the aims and objectives of Wetlands International Europe.
Essential education and experience
- Higher level education or equivalent.
- At least five years of relevant experience in project management especially on budget planning and financial reporting.
- Experience working in EU funded projects will be an advantage.
- Experience working with non-governmental organisations.
- Very good experience of grant coordination and reporting.
- Experience in book keeping would be an advantage.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French or Spanish will be an asset.
- Strong ICT skills.
- Service oriented.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capacity to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to work in an international, multi-cultural NGO environment.
- Active interest in current environment and development matters.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
The Association applies the same terms and conditions of employment as the Wetlands International’s Foundation.
- Full-time job, 36 hours per week.
- Salary Gross/ Month Euro 3.233,= bases on a full time contract.
- Contract duration: 8 or 9 months depending on commencement of the contract. If funds are available, an additional two-year contract may be offered.
- Location: based in Brussels, (with possible travel to Ede-Wageningen, The Netherlands).
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to Jozefa van der Veen, HR Officer ([email protected]). Please mark in the subject: “Application – Project Officer”. Questions about the vacancy and/or procedure can also be sent to this email address.
Deadline for the application is 19 March 2021.
Interviews will take place in the week shortly after the deadline.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.