South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international, regional and Mexican clients on sustainability topics. You will play a leading role in the development and overall management of proposals on corporate climate strategies; as well as in the implementation of projects, for which you will manage small project teams. You will be the main point of contact for the client and may also act as a collaborator, providing specific inputs or serving a specific role on a mandate. In addition, you will support the development of new products for the corporate sector and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international, regional and Mexican clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals for the corporate/finance/public sector on corporate climate strategies in close collaboration with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company.
- For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical review of proposals and deliverables.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Support senior consulting and key account management teams in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Topics of engagement may include: GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science Based Targets (SBTs), risk assessment and TCFD, materiality assessment, energy efficiency, Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- University degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies.
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 3 years) in sustainability consulting or a related field, including specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies; LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD); benchmarking / materiality assessment.
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good stakeholder and client management skills.
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice.
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Practical experience in sustainability/climate change strategy development; energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario analysis and risk and opportunity assessment (for either/both of physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD); and stakeholder engagement and change management.
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- Diligent, reliable, proactive and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Good prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.