The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is seeking a Senior Manager of Technical Programs to join the Water Science and Engineering Center (WSEC) team. This position leads initiatives, products, and services in sustainable water resources, innovation, and utility management.
- Works with and leads relevant volunteer groups to develop initiatives and services to support WEF’s Critical Objectives, particularly in driving innovation in the water sector and enriching the expertise of global water professionals.
- Collaborates with members and partners on interrelated water resources topics including utility management, UN Sustainable Development Goals, nutrients, energy, water reuse, collection systems, and resilience.
- Manages the Water Intrapreneurs for Successful Enterprises (WISE), a business process improvement initiative for water and wastewater utilities to ensure financial sustainability of the program.
- Co-manages the WEF InFLOW (Introducing Future Leaders to Opportunities in Water) STEMPath program, a scholarship program aimed to enhance diversity and inclusion in the water workforce.
- Participates in the growth of external funding by developing external relationships, identifying partnering and funding opportunities, developing proposals, and managing related projects.
- Manages the LIFT Intelligent Water Systems Challenge.
- Supports application and management of large grants.
- Supports business analysis of WEF technical programs to evaluate viability of initiatives.
- Leads project tracking and WEF member communities and committees.
- Supports the WEF Government Affairs team as needed with EPA’s Office of Water to help push needs of members and be there as a technical resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or related degree area (M.S. or P.E. preferred).
- 3 to 5 years environmental engineering/science experience focused on design, operation, and/or management of water infrastructure systems. Work experience at or with a water/wastewater utility and familiarity with sustainability and innovation concepts desirable.
- High degree of initiative and interest in business and service development.
- Ability to lead staff and staff/volunteer teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimum direction and to lead projects from initial concept to delivery.
- Grasp of engineering, scientific, and mathematical principles underlying technology of municipal water systems.
- Understanding of current technical, policy, and management issues facing municipal and consulting professionals.
- Articulate with excellent written communication skills & ability to serve as WEF representative.
- Detail oriented and accurate with excellent project management skills.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
WEF is an equal opportunity employer.