Designation: Community Mobilizer
Water For People India Trust was established as a non-profit entity in the year 2008 and is committed to undertake actions that enable and deliver universal access to safe drinking water and sanitation to populations in India. WFPIT design and implement programs/projects relating to improving the quality of life of those most in need by providing funding and training for water, sanitation and health and hygiene programs. In addition, WFPIT works to strengthens the indigenous NGO sector of India by training, funding and building their capacity to perform good development work. Aligned to its ‘Everyone Forever’ approach, WFPIT aims to create and deliver sustainable solutions to WASH. Presently, WFPIT programs are being implemented in West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha and Maharashtra.
1. Purpose of Engagement:
The Community Mobilizer will assist the Project Coordinator in planning, implementing and monitoring as well as actual execution of the activities under the project. Support on daily basis in the project locations. The Community Mobilizer might also have to travel other implementing Blocks and District of Water For People India operations as per requirement. The Community Mobilizer will submit a monthly progress report to the project coordinator on the regular basis. The Community Mobilizer will also provide necessary skill and capacity building support to the community, Schools, PRIs and other stakeholders towards effective implementation of the programme.
The following are the deliverables for Community Mobilizer:
• Review and Prepare the activity calendar of the project in consultation with Reporting Line.
• Assisting Reporting Line and cooperate with all the stakeholders with providing necessary facilitation support relating to the Everyone Forever project
• Conduct Baseline Survey of Chikhaldara Block, analyse the data and submit baseline report in discussion with the Reporting line
• Undertake regular site visit of the ongoing project Colgate Water Initiative and provide report to the line manager every month.
• Conduct training need assessment of the stakeholders and share with the line manager and organize training as per the requirement.
• Conduct all the software activities including hygiene sessions in school level and meetings at community and Household level.
• Initiate the system of Operation and maintenance of all the schools of the mentioned block in discussion with Reporting Line
• The purpose and outcome of all field visits must be documented in visit report and submitted to the Reporting Line
• Document all important meetings/workshops with pictures and submit to the Line Manager.
• Capture good interesting case stories of the ongoing project with pictures and submit to the Line Manager.
• Organise necessary meeting / workshop in district/block/Gram Panchayat/schools and Anganwadi to lead smooth execution of the program.
• Participate in the monthly review meeting and identify the challenges to work with the stakeholders
• Participate in the training/workshops organized by Water For People India Trust for individual skill up gradation.
• Provide necessary support and cooperation to the project team of Water For People India Trust supported projects to understand the scope of work and growing opportunities.
Review the performance of own objectives and indicators with line manager on a quarterly basis.
• Liaise between WFPIT and it’s project partners and Donor for program planning, implementation and monitoring
• Assist the project stakeholder and staff to develop strategic and operational plan in line with WFPIT goals and strategies.
• Manage and support project staff and partners to develop quality programs and monitor their effective implementation to achieve positive impacts on the communities
• Ensuring the program planned and implemented by the staff and partners are in line with WFPIT strategy and approach.
• Coordinate with internal and external resources in capacity building of implementing team members
• Represent WFPIT in forums at all level for increased networking and advocacy on water and sanitation rights and entitlement
• Work in coordination with other department/colleagues – Finance and accounting, Advocacy, documentation and human resources for understand audit issues and follow-up for increased transparency and accountability, conduct baseline/end line & impact assessment / studies and staff capacity building
• Support the WFPIT staff and partners in developing and strengthening quality programs in alignment with Water For People strategy and approach to ensure the reduction of water, sanitation and Hygiene related disease and realization of water, sanitation and hygiene rights and entitlement
• Ensure effective implementation of planned programs and monitor efficient utilisation of financial
• Develop the capacities of WFPIT staff and partners in identified areas through trainings along with internal and external resource agencies.
• Responsible for fund management, project proposal development and getting approval, project implementation, participate in financial and program audits, coordinate program implementation/ review meeting between WFPIT and Partners.
• Represent, facilitate and network for advocacy on water and sanitation and hygiene in appropriate forums
• Contribute to develop policies, guidelines, technical notes, to improve the program quality
• Maintain and improve healthy working relationship between WFPIT and Partners for mutual trust, image building and collaborative efforts.
• Facilitate/ coordinator donor visit to intervened area
• Assist the partners to leverage resources from the block, district and state administration to meet the program hardware needs.
• Before the partners’ progress to WFPIT office at regular interval and assist the partners to capture their progress, impacts interesting case studies etc.
• In prescribed format of WFPIT, quarterly and annual reports.
• Compile the partners quantitative and qualitative progress and assist the WFPIT for the timely submission of reports such as bi-annual, tracking spreadsheet etc. to donor and other relevant stakeholders
• Assist the line manager to conduct feasibility /technical study, partners assessment towards expanding the operation of WFPIT
• Any other task assigned by Line Manager.
3. Duty station:
The Supervisor will be posted at Field office of Paratwada, Amravati district. The assignment deserves 90 % of the field work and 10 % office work for necessary report and documentation. The field work involves implementing the planned project activities as per proposals and involves frequent visit to project sites, visit to Government Offices, Municipality and any related office. The field work may also involve traveling to Water For People India Trust operational areas as per requirement.
4. Supervisor / Coordination.
The Community Mobilizer will directly report to the Project Coordinator, WATER FOR PEOPLE INDIA TRUST till the time he / she is asked to report any other designated officer.
5. Interested Candidate please submit CV along with covering letter to [email protected] within 9th of March 2021 .