The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) in Bremen is a member of the Leibniz Association, which is supported by the German Federal and State Governments. Through its research, ZMT contributes to developing strategies for sustainable use of tropical coastal systems.
The working group Submarine Groundwater Discharge is looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher (f/m/d)
(Reference number: 191-SGD)
to start in July 2021 and engage with the various projects of the working group and to develop their own research in the field of groundwater-seawater interaction in relation to the marine tropics. Currently we work on topics spanning from global scale modeling of coastal groundwater to field observations of local scale submarine groundwater discharge (SGD), its geochemical reactions, biological effects and societal implications. We look for a strong and dedicated field researcher, who would lead the group’s fieldwork, support students and develop their own research profile with support from Nils Moosdorf. A connection to the modeling part of the group is also highly welcome.
- Background in geochemical research of submarine groundwater discharge (SGD)
- Strong skills in SGD-related field methods like Ra, Rn sampling, seepage meters and others
- Willingness and ability to independently perform field expeditions under difficult logistical conditions in tropical areas and lead students
- Excellent English writing skills and proven inclination to scientific publishing
- A strong interest to work in an interdisciplinary and solution oriented environment
- Curiosity, creativity and intrinsic motivation for your research topic
Please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Nils Moosdorf ([email protected]) for further information.
- An exciting working environment in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented institute
- A highly motivated, solution oriented and inspiring group of colleagues
- Freedom and support to develop an own research profile
- A family-friendly diverse working environment
The position should be filled as soon as possible. The contract will limited to 3 years with an option to be extended by additional 3 years. Salary will be paid according to the German TV-L EG 13 (100%). ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a migration background are welcome. Disabled persons with comparable qualification receive preferential status.
Please send your application (motivation letter, complete CV, publication list, contact details of two referees, copy of the relevant certificates) until April 15th, 2021 as a single pdf file with the reference number “191 – SGD” to Ms. Lena Oehlmann, E-Mail: [email protected].
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT), Fahrenheitstraße 6, D-28359 Bremen.