Terms of Reference
The Wash Engineer is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the quality of WASH activity implementation in his/her designated area under the direct management of WASH program manager
Chain of Command
Under the authority of: WASH Project Manager off –camps
Responsible for (potentially):
- Sub wash engineer
- Logistics Officer
- Services Suppliers
- Local authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and Monitor the construction activities in his/her designated area and making sure that all of the needed documentation is collected and submitted in timely manner.
- Close monitoring of the implementation of water and sanitation infrastructure.
- Ensure that proper water quality management activities are undertaken in alignment with ACTED’s water quality standards.
- Participating on planning and selection of suppliers, material, etc. and confirm the quality of services and materials.
- preparing understandable BOQs with all the needed documents, technical requirements and the necessary drawings for various services and prepare and submit order forms to line manager and coordination.
- Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders.
- Regular reporting on project status and achievements and, furthermore, consolidate program-related information into program database.
- Contribute in rapid/ need assessments.
- Report all issues, problems, anticipated delays rise in his/her designated area the program manager regarding the WASH services and the construction activities.
- Degree in civil/mechanical, Environmental, Water engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of Engineering experience.
- working in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department
- Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Good understanding of SPHERE standards and environment protection considerations.
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and AutoCAD is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills are preferred.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.