Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree (Master/Doctoral degrees or equivalent minimum) in Environmental Economics, Environmental Management, Ecosystem Management, Wetland Management and other related fields;
- Minimum 10 years experiences working in the field of environmental management, wetland management and governance, wetland restoration and conservation, especially with proven experience in the LMB region (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam) or internationally, preferably on both practical field experiences and academic research;
- Minimum 7 years experiences in wetland valuation especially on the economic values of four ecosystem services;
- Experience in preparation and organizing of training courses on wetland ecosystem servives valuation, assessment, restoration, conservation and management;
- Knowledge and skills on training package and training manual development;
- Experience with and good knowledge of the Mekong riparian countries or similar tropical regions;
- Experience in working in a multicultural and international multiple partner environment;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively shared position in a Mekong or/and Southeast Asia institution and cultural context;
- Fluent in English, verbal and written and strong analytical skills; and
- Compliance with all MRC’s Rules and Regulation Regarding Consultancy Management and Contract Monitoring and Closure.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JFR2NKQ. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.