Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) has been working with the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) since 1999, supporting emergency interventions as well as longer-term development projects in different geographical and thematic areas. In 2018, SRC started a new cooperation with SRCS’ North Kordofan Branch and currently implements a community-based health project while also engaging in disaster and pandemic response actions. In September 2019, SRC seized the opportunity to participate in phase III of the Swiss Water and Sanitation Consortium (SWSC) with a Blue Schools project proposal for Sudan. Taking into account the experiences from a current school health project in Sennar State, SRC ascribes the Blue Schools approach a considerable potential in the Sudan context. For the implementation of this new Blue Schools Project the Kordofan States we are looking for a:
Field Delegate (no family posting)
to be based in Kordofan State Sudan, with regular travel to Khartoum.
What you can move
- Support the SRCS Branches in the overall implementation of the new Blue Schools Project
- Facilitate timely planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project
- Support and accompany the project team in the implementation of specific project activities
- Ensure good financial management of the project, including accounting at project level, financial planning and fund requests, budget follow-up and financial reporting, and internal control
- Act as resource person and provide technical support and capacity building to the SRCS branch teams and SRCS volunteers
- Ensure adherence to pre-defined purchase and procurement rules
- Document and promote good practices, knowledge management and institutional learning
- Contribute to SRC disaster management in case of emergencies in the host country.
What you bring with you
- Master in International Cooperation, humanitarian response or related area
- Minimum of 5 years of international working experience abroad as a project manager
- Expertise in development cooperation at field level, experience in implementation of WASH projects
- Strong capacities in project and team management, including experience in capacity-building / on-the-job training of local staffInternational work experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement or with an INGO, as well as experience of working with local partners
- Demonstrated skills in financial management
- Experience in office as well as team and partnership setup Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to finding and proposing solutions to challenges
- Sense of autonomy, diplomacy, flexibility, sensitivity to cultural differences and adaptability to a challenging work environment
- Experience with interventions in complex and fragile contexts
- Very good command of written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic an advantage.
What you can expect
- 14 months contract with the option of extension, starting from April 2021 or as per agreement (departure is depending on issuance of visa)
- Highly interesting work with opportunity for creative freedom
- Team spirit and respectful atmosphere, in which diversity and equal opportunity are not just words
- Share of cost absorption of rent and favorable social benefits.
How to come to us
We look forward to receiving your complete online application, for the attention of Mrs Isabel Bangerter.
- Isabel Bangerter-Mamerow
- [email protected]