About Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation
Founded in 1955, HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation (Helvetas) is the largest Swiss international development NGO. With about 300 projects worldwide, Helvetas is present in 30 countries around the world initiating real change in the lives of over three million disadvantaged people each year. As a politically and denominationally neutral organization, Helvetas works in developing, emerging, and transitioning countries to improve the livelihoods and living conditions of the poor and disadvantaged people. Under our WASH and Water Governance working field, our work includes sustainable WASH services, water for agriculture, and integrated water resource management.
Helvetas is preparing for a proposal that will support the increase of sustainable access to water and sanitation services in Mozambique, with a focus on small towns, rural growth-centers, and peri-urban areas. This activity will seek to materialize the USAID Mozambique Mission’s WASH strategic goal, which aims to support the achievement of Improved well-being of communities, especially women and girls in Mozambique by ensuring increased use and sustainable management of water and sanitation services. In this sense, the Mission has targeted three intermediate results (IR) toward the WASH strategy’s goal: WASH sector governance strengthened; availability of water and sanitation services expanded, and adoption of key WASH behaviors accelerated.
For this reason, we are looking for mid-and senior-level technical experts (both national and international candidates) to provide short-term and long-term technical assistance under the anticipated activity.
Areas of Specialization Sought
- Social and Behavior Change in WASH
- Hygiene Promotion
- Community Led Total Sanitation
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- Academic degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international development, public administration, business management, water and sanitation, public health, or other relevant disciplines.
- Strong knowledge and experience in social and behavior change, sanitation and hygiene promotion, and private sector engagement in WASH.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience with USAID or other development donors.
- Demonstrated experience in a designated area of specialization in Mozambique and/or Southern Africa.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with a working knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish.
We look forward to receiving your CV by April 1, 2021, via email to [email protected].