Eagle River Watershed Council advocates for the health of the Upper Colorado and Eagle River basins through research, education and projects. The nonprofit is seeking one paid intern for the 2021 summer season. This is a great opportunity for a college student or recent graduate interested in a career in natural resources, environmental advocacy and the nonprofit sector. The intern will work closely with Watershed Council staff, as well as our local partners.
- Work alongside Watershed Council personnel to restore impacted riparian zones, with the use of volunteers, through revegetation, invasive species/ debris removal and trail work. This position will become a crew leader for restoration project volunteer groups.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and correspondence.
- Assist with project planning logistics, correspondence and project preparation. This includes set-up of project stations, teardown (cleanup), transportation and cleaning of tools and equipment.
- Assist with social media posting, monitoring and content creation.
- Participate in other Watershed Council meetings, events and functions as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Student (high school or college) or recent graduate interested in a natural resources career.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media.
- Strong communication skills.
- A willingness to learn, ask questions and expand skills as necessary.
- A track record of working well with a team as well as independently.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of hiking/walking in rugged mountainous terrain in inclement weather conditions while carrying equipment and materials in hand and/or on back.
- Capable of wading in streams for hours at a time.
Personality that will thrive in this position:
A self-starter who is reliable with a strong work ethic. A hard worker who is able to ask for direction and collaborate as part of a team. An enthusiastic individual with a sense of humor. An individual genuinely interested in natural resources, the environment and conservation work
Start Date: Approximately May 1
End Date: Approximately September 30
Hours/ Schedule: Approximately 20 hours per week for approximately 20 weeks within the date ranges outlined above.
Pay Rate: $12.50/ hr
Reports to: Projects Manager
Location: This position requires a combination of virtual/ remote computer work, as well as on-site project or program work throughout Eagle County. Additionally, in-person office work may be periodically required at our Gypsum office.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Kate Isaacson, Projects Manager, at [email protected] Applications will be accepted until March 15.
Eagle River Watershed Council is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Eagle River Watershed Council recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter & resume to [email protected]
For more information about Eagle River Watershed Council, please visit www.erwc.org