The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of ourcore values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visitwww.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
NatureVest is the impact investment unit of The Nature Conservancy. NatureVest’s mission is to create and transact investable deals that deliver conservation results and financial returns for investors. Our vision is based on the conviction that capital markets, businesses and governments must invest in nature as the long-term capital stock of a sustainable, equitable and more efficient economy. To achieve our mission, we source and structure investment products that support The Nature Conservancy’s global strategies, raise capital for these investments, and share our knowledge and experience with the investment and conservation communities to amplify our efforts in this emerging area. To learn more, visit:www.naturevesttnc.org.
The Water Markets Finance Intern will support the NatureVest Water Markets Team in the development of our impact investment pipeline. Primary responsibilities will include project-specific financial analysis, economic analysis and transaction structuring stress testing.
The Water Markets Finance Intern would support the Manager of Freshwater Transactions and the Director of Product Development in conducting detailed financial analysis on selected pipeline deals, including development of cash flow projection sensitivities, capital stack structuring and partner negotiation. Additional responsibilities would include assisting the Water Markets Team in the development of thought leadership and business development activities, including creating marketing pitch decks and other materials.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, this position is a unique and exciting opportunity for an investment professional who is knowledgeable and passionate about leveraging financial markets to drive environmental impact and freshwater sustainability.
This will be a 10-12 week full-time summer internship with a flexible start date.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Conduct initial financial assessment of potential pipeline opportunities including: building initial financial model, conducting regulatory risk assessments, and conducting high level analysis of key stakeholders.
- Periodically, support the Director of Product Development in the development of detailed financial analysis, including modeling cash flow projections and structuring the capital stack for both bespoke and traditional transaction structures.
- Provides support to the respective project managers of various transactions including helping to manage Gannt chart deliverables, call agendas, meeting minutes and anything else necessary to support project advancement.
- Participates in complex and sensitive projects.
- Provides creative, critical thinking to monetize nature system services and develop attractive investment instruments.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in a private sector environment; preference given to experience in management consulting and investment banking, or with a leading conservation organization or government entity.
- Candidates currently working toward a Masters degree in related finance field with a focus on environmental initiatives.
- Experience developing and implementing complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Experience managing or supporting large scale projects, including working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing and sensitizing complex financial models.
- Ability to successfully develop and support complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Outstanding analytical and project management capabilities.
- Superior written and oral communications.
- MBA student or similar degree with significant coursework in finance or economics.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45090, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on February 19, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to ourapplicant user guide or [email protected]*LI-NC1
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Water Markets Finance Intern
Job ID: 45090
Full/Part Time: Full-Time