• Strengthening the capacities of national staff (the incumbents will deploy to field offices to provide on the job coaching and training to national officers in the field).
• Supervising or providing technical support to large-scale WASH projects including renovation of critical infrastructure and to the WASH components of the “quick impact projects” UNICEF is designing and implementing. This role will also support the planning, monitoring and reporting functions, especially at field level, and strengthen UNICEF in their preparedness and response capacities in case of acute or sudden emergencies like disease outbreaks, floods and other emergencies.
• The positions will also support the CO in designing proposals aimed at raising funds for the Venezuela response on access to water, sanitation and hygiene.
• One of the key responsibilities of this position will be to train staff already recruited at field level (UNICEF officials + consultants) and to transfer knowledge in order to strengthen our programmatic monitoring and response capacity.
• Emergency WASH specialists will train UNICEF staff and consultants in implementing WASH projects with the highest quality in humanitarian and technical standards, ensuring appropriate project design based on evidence and vulnerability criteria. In addition, capacity will be built in improving result monitoring to respond to donor and national standards.
• Urban WASH specialists will ensure adequate design and supervision strategies for all urban hydraulic rehabilitations leaving adequate LTA:s for design, supervision and training for all UNICEF staff and consultants in urban WASH design key concepts and monitoring methods and tools.
Meritorious: Experience form working with WASH-related questions in a humanitarian context.
A relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of a formal university degree.
You must undergo a pre-employment medical examination by a licensed physician before being contracted.
You must inform your regular employer of your potential assignment with the MSB.
• A capacity for working under pressure is essential, as work is often performed under difficult and demanding conditions, where the focus frequently shifts due to changes in priority.
• You must possess a high level of professional and personal maturity together with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external partners, such as UN organizations, NGOs, recipient governments and host populations.
• You are expected to have excellent analytical and communicative skills, show initiative and take both a hands-on and an analytical approach to tasks and problems.
Working with the MSB on international operations means that you are temporarily employed by the MSB. The MSB pays salary as well as a comprehensive allowances and benefits package to field staff on international operations, ranging from free home leave travel to access to psychosocial support. The MSB highly values the well-being of our staff and whilst on mission you will have access to health and safety support from the MSB 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If selected for this position an evaluation will be done after the mission. The evaluation can result in an offer to be registered on the MSB roster. When you are registered on the MSB roster you can continuously receive interesting international job opportunities and invitations to stimulating and valuable trainings and exercises.
A registration on MSB roster is valid for three years. After this period your registration will be evaluated and you may be offered an extended registration. After being registered on the roster you need to conduct the MSB induction training and any specialist training courses required.
How to apply
The MSB applies a policy of equal opportunities to avoid any form of discrimination. We strive for gender balance and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please press the apply button and register your details on MyPages. Please note; the information that you provide on MyPages will form the basis for your CV. After registering on MyPages do not forget to apply for the position by submitting your application through MyPages.
It is your responsibility as an applicant to document your skills in a way that allows an objective and qualitative assessment. As a government agency we are subject to the principle of public access to official records. This means that if someone requests copies of application documents, we are obliged to disclose them.
Point of contact