Salary- £30,000 – £45,000
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy. We deliver cutting edge services to clients on climate change, pollution and the future of mobility, among others. Our mission is to solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges.
Key Skills and Experience
As a Water Quality Consultant, you should be able to demonstrate competence and experience in applying detailed water quality chemistry. You will demonstrate the ability to technically support a range of projects as a water quality lead for related input. We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree qualification in environmental chemistry or similar.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in environmental science/ water quality /chemistry or similar.
- Chartered status (CIWEM / CCHEM).
- Demonstrable experience working within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Detailed knowledge of key regulatory drivers for water quality.
- Experience analysing large datasets of ground and surface water quality data.
- Appreciation of the links between water quality and aquatic ecology.
- Understanding of the sources, fates, effects, and assessment of pollutants.
- Understanding of the remediation techniques for ground and surface water contamination.
- Experience of environmental discharge permitting.
- Ability to clearly present complex technical information visually and orally to a wide audience.
- Experience in technical engagement with UK regulators such as the Environment Agency.
You will join an existing, expanding team. You work on a wide range of projects using your technical skills to assist hydrologists, ecologists, water resource planners, EIA assessors, and project managers to deliver multi-disciplinary investigations.
Whilst the post will be homebased or in one of our existing offices in Manchester, London, Bristol, or Harwell the role will involve work across the rest of the UK, and there may be occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities, and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that aid individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders, and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require any help with your application, please contact [email protected].