WASH Team Leader
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have an MSC/ BSc Degree in Civil or water engineering, Public Health, from a recognized university/college, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that can bring added value?
Do you have a minimum of 7+ years of solid practical experience as a WASH specialist with an excellent technical understanding and demonstrated experience on WASH and out of which 2-3 years of managerial experience?
Do you have Excellent technical skills and practical experience in preparing technical drawings, designs, BOQs, and estimates of water and sanitation infrastructure preferably in refugee / IDP camp settings?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you>
We are looking WASH Team Leader who is responsible to lead, manage and effectively deliver Oxfam’s overall WASH response to South Sudanese refugees in the Gambella region of Ethiopia. To provide high-quality technical support and quality control in management, design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Oxfam’s South Sudan Refugee response programme in Gambella; Maintain and improve established systems & structures required for the effective timely implementation of quality water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion component of the programme.
What we are looking for
Our WASH Team Leader position will require to be an exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs with the following qualification and competencies:
- MSC/ BSc Degree in Civil or water engineering, Public Health, from a recognized university/college or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that can bring added value.
- Minimum of 7+ years of solid practical experience as a WASH specialist at senior level and 2-3 years as public health engineering/Promotion, with an excellent technical understanding and demonstrated experience on WASH.
- Excellent technical skills and practical experience in preparing technical drawings, designs, BOQs, and estimates of water and sanitation infrastructure preferably in refugee / IDP camp settings.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the WASH programme with budget and teams.
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in implementing integrated PHE and PHP strategies and interventions.
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender, protection, and accessibility (inclusive) into emergency response programmes and longer-term strategies.
- Demonstrated experience of working with UN clusters, local authorities, and implementing INGO partners.
- Excellent command of English language; knowledge of the local language is an asset.
- A proven record of mentoring and capacity building of teams and partners in complex contexts.
- Diplomacy, tact, and administrative skills in order to work with people at all programme levels and with external organisations as needed.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
This role will give you an opportunity to act as a key contributor to our work of supporting those most in need. You will also have a chance to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and internationally-focused environment and we offer fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through www.ethiojobs.net or using Oxfam's internal application portal https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/or https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/13635/description on or before 05th March 2021.
Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Due to the urgency of the post, this advert will close before the deadline if a suitable candidate is identified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.