The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 1.4 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 430 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Program Assistant to work with the Midwest Deputy Director for Policy and the Midwest Advocacy team in our Chicago office. The candidate must be able to efficiently handle administrative tasks such as: scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings, coordinating and booking travel, processing expenses, managing budgets, event coordination, research projects, proofreading and preparing written materials.
- Scheduling and facilitating internal and external meetings;
- Maintaining calendar appointments and meetings;
- Coordinating travel arrangements;
- Editing, formatting, and proofreading documents;
- Event planning, including vendor research, set-up, and assisting with logistics;
- Producing and assisting in gathering project materials;
- Processing invoices and business expenses;
- Providing general administrative support and ad hoc projects as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years previous administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, follow organizational procedures, and perform quickly and accurately under deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and be detail-oriented
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs, create a profile and upload your resume, cover letter and writing sample. No phone calls or faxes please. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.