Senior Environmental Manager
Ensero Solutions is an environmental consulting and remediation business with specific expertise in environmental assessments, active/passive water treatment, microbiological testing, radiological services, and turnkey remediation services for the mining industry and broader industrial sectors. At Ensero, we get the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment and people’s lives. We’re building a culture where people can grow their careers and are challenged to solve our client’s toughest environmental problems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President Operations – Canada, the Senior Environmental Manager will provide leadership to our Yukon Region and participate as a member of the Senior Management Team. This role will also be responsible for providing technical leadership to all Ensero projects in area(s) of expertise.
- Member of the Senior Management Team responsible for delivering company, client, and project performance
- Providing senior leadership and oversight to day to day operations of the Yukon region.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and professional development opportunities, including staff mentoring, training, and personnel reviews for direct reports
- Create an office environment consistent with company values and provide inspired leadership to team
- Identify and recommend improvements to operations to ensure assigned functions are efficient and cost effective.
- Works with Client Partner / Project Managers to ensures resources and dependencies are identified and assigned to the project.
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and worker safety compliance.
- Interfacing and communication with other managers on scheduling and resource requirements.
- Provides direction and assists the performance of Ensero’s environmental planning, reclamation/ remediation, and water treatment projects.
- Provide technical leadership to all Ensero projects in area(s) of expertise. Technical expertise in hydrology, hydrogeology, and/or managing large assessment and permitting projects.
- Conducts senior level reviews of technical deliverables and programs in area(s) of expertise.
- Represent Ensero Solutions and our clients in regulatory and community meetings, workshops and events and oversee the preparation of presentation materials.
- Develop professional and business relationships across the industry to better advance Ensero’s growth and strategic initiatives.
- Build and maintain great client relationships through ongoing communication and understanding of client goals.
- Support activities related to environmental assessments and permit applications for Ensero projects and clients.
- Support business development activities such as conferences and trade shows, client attraction and lead generation, proposal generation and maintaining effective relationships with clients;
- Manage special projects that support the broad-based needs of a rapidly expanding Company.
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science (water quality, geochemistry, hydrology, biology, hydrogeology) or engineering. A Master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- 10+ years relevant experience in mining or environmental consulting with experience in environmental assessment and permit applications;
- 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Yukon’s (and other jurisdictions) impact assessment and licensing regime for resource development projects.
How to Apply
Ensero has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is well established as an innovative leader in environmental management, water treatment, remediation technologies, and facility operations. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.