Job Number: 502462 | Vacancy Link
Location: Fiji (Pacific Islands) – MCP
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the WASH Specialist, you will provide professional technical advice on programme/project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building.
Key Expected Results
- Collects and analyzes data for the Situation Analysis, programme/project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes. Analyzes programme implementation reports and evaluates against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Prepares tables, graphs and other statistical data. Reports outcome of analysis and proposes corrective actions.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors UNICEF inputs. Communicates with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the flow of supply and non-supply assistance. Supports in community mobilization for WASH activities to be initiated.
- Undertakes follow-up action on programme implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports. Drafts changes in programme workplans as required.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring.
- Assists in identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment.
- Selects and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation, including donor and media visits.
- Drafts relevant sections of reports (required for donors, management, annual reports, etc.)
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: civil engineering, mechanical engineering, hydrology, sanitation engineering, or a field relevant to international development assistance in WASH. *A first level university degree in combination with three (3) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Two years of work experience in the UN or other international development organization in a field relevant to international development assistance in WASH, project implementation, monitoring and supervision and evaluation. Also experienced in community mobilization in WASH and additional training in health education an asset.
Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date 24 Jan 2017 Central Pacific Standard Time
Closing Date 8 Feb 2017 Central Pacific Standard Time