Canada nationals: Ecosystems Biologist
$65,252.73 - $74,396.51 annually
This posting is to establish an eligibility list to fill both current and/or future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
A temporary opportunity until September 2, 2022 is currently available; this may be extended and/or become a permanent placement.
Bring your commitment to excellence in resource management practices
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s agency responsible for land and resource management in BC, which includes the protection of the Province’s archaeological and heritage resources. Operating on a provincial land base of over 94 million hectares, the Ministry ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land based resources; works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversity their economies; and, supports activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural and social benefits. The Ministry is responsible for wildfire management and facilitates safe public access to a wide range of recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, and access to BC’s wilderness and backcountry.
The Ecosystems Biologist works with various district, regional and provincial staff to compile and deliver a broad range of aquatic and terrestrial (including wildlife and habitat) expertise to various resource sector Statutory Decision Makers. This position provides a key professional role in the assessment of implications of forest, lands, and water authorizations on species of management concern in the region. This position also is a district lead with the Water Sustainability Act, reviewing and providing recommendations on Section 10 and 11 Approvals and Section 11 Notifications.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences or related field.
- Registered (or immediately eligible to register, within six months of employment) as a Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio) in BC with the College of Applied Biology.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in applied biology (or an acceptable combination of education and experience), including field-based biological sampling, analysis, and reporting, and providing advice within a regulatory regime.
- Experience assessing and monitoring habitat, species, and/or ecosystems.
- Must possess and maintain a valid British Columbia Class 5 driver's licence.
For more information and to apply online by March 15, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/75049