Outreach Assistant needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI.,
Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
Assist Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator with all aspects of coordinating volunteers and promoting NAP, such as:
· Coordinate independent volunteers (Park Stewards, Community Service, Scouts, etc.)
· Actively recruit, train, and direct volunteers across many different sites
· Respond to emails in a timely and professional manner
· Conduct volunteer stewardship workdays in a variety of weather conditions
· Promote healthy natural areas through work with neighborhood groups
· Write newsletter articles and other informational, promotional, and recruitment materials
· Attend various fairs and exhibits for recruiting and educational purposes and maintain exhibits
· Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
· Assist with controlled burns and other field work
· Perform various other duties necessary for the functioning of NAP
*A notable portion of this work will be office-task oriented.
· Friendly, outgoing personality, suitable for working with the public
· Experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers desired
· Proficiency with PC software, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; social media and databases; and an ability to learn new software quickly
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays required
· Understanding of ecological issues related to urban natural area management
· Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy items as well as sit and stand for long periods of time
· CPR, First Aid certification, and AED certification
· All employees are required to receive payment by direct deposit
· The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. You may be required to submit to a drug screen during the hiring process.
SALARY: $12.12hour; approximately 40 hours/week; including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a seasonal/temporary position not to exceed 10 consecutive months. Successful candidates will be considered for rehire after 2 months break in employment.
TO APPLY: Apply at http://www.a2gov.org/jobs by Wednesday, March 10, 2020. Be sure to include resume, cover letter, and three references. Direct questions to Tina Stephens, Natural Area Preservation Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.794.6627.