Digital Marketing Coordinator
Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Department: Membership & Online Engagement
Reports To: Senior Director of Digital Strategy
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: B
Salary Range (depending on experience): $52,000 – $61,000
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Our over 2 million members, our volunteers and staff, and our more than 30 state affiliates (together, the Conservation Voter Movement) work for a more just and equitable democracy, where people—not polluters—determine our future. This movement is an influential national network with unparalleled influence in Washington, DC, in state capitals, and in communities around the country. We are unmatched in our ability to ensure meaningful action on our key issues. We aim to bring people and communities together across racial, geographic, political, religious, economic and other differences toward collective goals instead of dividing us from one another.
LCV is hiring a Digital Marketing Coordinator to project manage LCV’s advertising program and grow our email and mobile list, with an emphasis on building a more racially diverse and engaged community. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Director of Digital Strategy and our consultants to execute LCV’s advertising and lead-generation strategies, giving feedback on content and helping to direct creative. Primary goals include expanding LCV’s email marketing and mobile audience, diversifying the demographics of LCV’s online community, project managing digital advertising campaigns, managing relationships with vendors, and lifting up the LCV brand in the digital space. This role is an excellent opportunity for an integrative thinker to be a part of an innovative and dynamic team that runs groundbreaking online campaigns to promote environmental policies and priorities.
- Coordinate advertising campaigns across social media platforms, display and search, and media outlets.
- Work across the organization to help pilot programs aimed at building a more racially diverse online community to reflect the climate movement and work together on issue advocacy campaigns.
- Set up a portion of ads in-house using tools like Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads.
- Assist in identifying and developing dynamic creative that engages and mobilizes LCV’s existing activist base, and reaches new audiences, including communities of color.
- Project manage the majority of our lead generation work with consultants on direct-to-donate and donor acquisition campaigns.
- Work with our cross-departmental data teams to efficiently and accurately track our membership growth, reengagement, and donor work. Lead tracking and reporting to measure the success of online campaigns.
- Serve as the primary point of contact at LCV for all data-sharing collaborations such as joint actions with our state partners and other allied organizations and lead the entire process from start to finish.
- Manage list buying efforts.
- Carefully track budget for list acquisition.
- Assist the Chispa Digital Campaigns Manager, Associate Member Programs Manager, and the Youth Digital Campaigns Manager in their respective online growth campaigns.
- Work with the Government Affairs and Community and Civic Engagement departments to help project manage campaigns to meet grant requirements and drive campaign messages.
- Actively apply a racial justice and equity lens to LCV paid online communications under their purview, with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise.
- Find ways to support and lift LCV’s brand in the digital space and expand our messaging on racial justice and equity priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 2-4 years of professional experience in paid media, online advocacy, or digital marketing. Experience writing, creating, and/or curating compelling content. Experience with lead generation and campaigns built for conversion both organically and through paid advertisements on a wide variety of platforms. Experience tracking budgets and using data-driven methods to measure the success of campaigns. Experience working in Facebook Business Manager and Google ads. Experience with project management. Preferred – Experience in a nonprofit, political organization, agency, or campaign. Experience with SEM, eCRM, Salesforce, SEO, or analytic experience. Experience with NGP VAN.
- Skills: Required – Forward thinking, innovative and creative mindset who understands and is enthusiastic about the urgent need to build a stronger base of diverse online supporters; excellent communicator and copywriter with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment; enthusiastic team player. Preferred – Familiarity in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Familiarity with Salesforce and analyzing data to draw actionable insights.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do, and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Passionate about protecting the environment and communities impacted by climate change and advancing environmental justice.
- Conditions: Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed. The location of this position is flexible. Please note that all LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to with “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line by March 14, 2021. No phone calls please.