Mission Alliance in West Africa (Misjonsalliansen, Norway) is seeking a suitably experienced and qualified consultant to undertake a final evaluation of the Digni funded project, “Transformation, Restoration, and Community Empowerment 2 Project” implemented by the United Methodist Church Sierra Leone Annual Conference.
The overall development goal of this project is to “contribute to improved health, human security, enhanced quality education and empowered communities.” The outcomes are centered around two main thematic areas, Education and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). The desired outcomes are:
• Improved teaching and learning environment.
• Increased retention of pupils in primary education.
• Improved capacity of teachers in community schools.
• Improved health through behavior change.
The project intends to achieve these outcomes through:
• the construction and rehabilitation of schools,
• awareness raising on the importance of education,
• teacher training,
• the construction of wells and toilets,
• hygiene and sanitation awareness, and
• the establishment of WASH committees and school clubs.
A full Terms of Reference document and other supporting information can be found at: https://misjonsalliansen.no/evaluation-of-community-empowerment-project-...
How to apply
Applicants should email an expression of interest to Mission Alliance: by 5.00 pm (Coordinated Universal Time) by Monday 01 March 2021. Any questions can also be emailed prior to the closing date.
Expressions of interest should include the following information:
• Outline of proposed methods and processes.
• A proposed schedule for the evaluation, including preparation, desk-top review, fieldwork and drafting, including an outline of what resources you will require for each.
• Details of the applicant(s) relevant background and experience
• Proposed budget including daily rate for the proposed staff.
• Examples of previous work undertaken.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview, after which a final selection will be made.