Result of Service
Enhanced climate resilience in West Asian countries through delivery of GCF-funded adaptation projects.
From: 15.03.2021 To: 14.11.2021
Duties and Responsibilities
Organizational Setting, Purpose and Objective:
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The Regional Office for West Asia delivers advisory services and capacity building support to countries to achieve environment and sustainable development objectives.”
This consultancy is office based located in UNEP West Asia Office at the Manama duty station and under the supervision of the GCF Task Managers.
With several GCF funded projects in its portfolio, the UNEP Regional Office for West Asia (UNEP-ROWA) is recruiting an International Consultant to work on a full-time basis based in the Regional Office to support in implementing the GCF Projects. The International Consultant will work closely with both Regional Coordinators (Climate Change and Ecosystems) to implement the activities and support planning, monitoring and reporting under the GCF projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (Included in JO Posting):
Under the direct supervision of the programme officers in UNEP West Asia Office, the consultant will take the overall responsibility of the following:
- Track and monitor project activities and deliverables to plan;
- Maintain knowledge and records management system to support implementation;
- Support is the development of required technical reports for submission to UNEP’s GCF Coordination Unit
- Prepare reporting requirements (semi-annual/annual) reports as per donor agreements
- Assist project management to elaborate scope of work for technical components, new project concepts, and support the solicitation of technical expertise and partners for timely and quality project implementation
- Provide technical inputs to and participate in project workshops and meetings;
- Review submitted activity reports, conduct research and prepare briefs and communications on technical matters of the projects;
- Develop outreach and knowledge sharing activities related to the GCF projects;
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in climate change/water resources management/agricultural water use or related fields, a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in project- and programme management;
- Practical experience in water resources management, irrigation systems operation, modern automated operation systems management or related fields;
- Good understanding of the climate change and water related issues of the region
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable.