1. Job Summary / Job Statement
The Jobholder is the Head of Regional Flood Management and Mitigation Center (RFMMC) located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. He/she will assist and support the MRCS Director of the Technical Support Division (TD) in the day-to-day management of the RFMMC. He/she will be the technical lead and manager to oversee RFMMC work as well as to guide other RFMMC’s specialists to achieve MRC’s assigned outputs. He/she will work in close collaboration with the Chief Hydrologist and other members of the TD.
2. Key expected performance indicators (KPIs)
2.1 MRC Outputs oriented KPIs:
Responsible for the RFMMC’s annual outputs and results through activities to:
- Provide inputs to update Flood Management Strategies.
- Provide technical inputs to the preparation of Drought Management Strategies.
- Work with the NMCs and national line agencies in member countries to ensure full participation of appropriate line agencies in the implementation of the Centre’s activities.
- Provide technical inputs and support to facilitate and manage transboundary flood National Indicative Plans (NIPs) and Member Countries’ joined-projects in Mekong basin’s border areas.
- Provide management and monitoring of assigned staff on routine river flood and flash flood forecasting in flood season; river monitoring in dry season and make sure daily and weekly broadcasting of flood forecasting and river monitoring, and related information on MRC websites and relevant communication channels.
- Contribute and provide inputs to MRC’s annual combined hydrological, flood and drought report.
- Provide technical and managerial inputs for the improvement/development of river flood and drought forecasting and flash flood guidance system.
- Provide technical input and support to technical staff to implement effectively all RFMMC’s assigned development projects
- Ensure the preparation of technical reports, such as progress and activity reports and be responsible for RFMMC staff’s performance assessments.
- Make sure annual work plan is made based on MRC Strategic Plans and basin emerging issues regarding to Mekong Basin’s flood management and mitigation that includes anticipated regional workshops and capacity building activities and feasible implementation plans.
- Continously identify progressive risks, key and emerging issues hampering the progress of RFMMC coordination and implementation including foreseen and/or actual deviations from the work plans, milestones and indicators, assess consequences, select and implement appropriate response measures;
- Make sure annual audits to be done in a most effective manner with high quality of Centre’s operation and management.
- Strengthen networking with other international river basin organizations, global links, relevant organizations and technological resource centres around the world as well as to, in consultation and coordination with the Office of CEO, support fund mobilization for an enhanced Centre.
- Propose, advise, develop or implement other related duties as assigned by Division Director and MRC Chief Executive Officer
- Be responsible for effective and efficient use of MRCS resources i.e. human, financial, assets, networks, partnerships, etc. and is in charge of the day to day management of the Centre.
2.2 Competency KPIs:
- Efficiently coordinate day-to-day operations, facilitate and implement the RFMMC implementation work plans, budget plans, technical studies, training and workshop schedules, etc. in a well-coordinated and harmonized manner;
- Act as a sound chief technical advisor and office manager of the RFMMC and be an effective focal point for all RFMMC related information that goes beyond the individual RFMMC activities;
- Provide and coordinate sound technical inputs of MRC professional staff, consultants, national focal points and regional collaboration partners;
- Strengthen the network with other international river basin organizations and global links with relevant organizations and technological resource centres around the world;
- Continuously coach and transfer knowledge and skills to team members to build next leadership generation.
- Show profound leadership and managerial quality that focuses on good team work and effective delegation,
- Work to build trust and harmony within the team and with MRC at large.
2.3 Behaviour KPIs
- Be accountable to the MRC
- Be transparent in decision making
- Be cooperative and fair to all staff members
- Be punctual, professional and committed Head of the RFMMC
- Output-oriented, diplomatic and culturally sensitive
- Be ethical and follow closely MRC Oath of the Office.
- Follow MRCS Rules and Procedures and encourages others staff to do so.
3. Required competencies
University degree (Master or higher) in engineering, water resources, hydrology, hydro-meteorology or related discipline. A doctorate is desirable.
TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate may also be considered.
The Job Description and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
4. Application procedures:
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Candidates must send his/her application via e-mail to both MRC Secretariat and the National Mekong Committee in the candidate’s home country as per details below:
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
|Cambodia National Mekong Committee|
P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514 Fax. (855-23) 218 506
E-mail:[email protected] or
[email protected] or
|Thai National Mekong Committee|
Department of Water Resources
180/3 Rama 6 Road, SoiPhibulWatanaBuilding
Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel. (66-2) 271 6165, 271 6620
Fax. (66-2) 298 6605
E-mail: [email protected]
|Viet Nam National Mekong Committee|
23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel. (84-4) 825 4785 Fax. (84-4) 825 6929
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 14 February 2017