IRTA is currently seeking a researcher to join the current team of precision irrigation. The selected candidate will lead and execute research projects and contracts dealing with the application of Remote Sensing (RS) technologies into Precision Irrigation and Agricultural Water Management. The expertise areas include remote sensing for evapotranspiration and Geographic Information System (GIS) applications on precision agriculture. R+D contributions on this line will be applied by the whole team to regional accounting of water use in agriculture and to precision irrigation.
Within this framework, IRTA is proposing a research position with the following characteristics.
- To lead a research line on the development and optimization of remote sensing of vegetation focused at monitoring the development and water state of crops. The expected outputs of the research line will be R+D contributions to advance the State of Art in providing data for assessments of agricultural water usage at regional scale as well as a source for precision irrigation in farms. This research line focuses at the RS workflow of data acquisition and processing and will complement existing research lines on the smart usage of those data for decision making in agricultural water management.
- To participate actively in the preparation of proposals for national and international public calls.
- To be involved in the transfer of knowledge and technologies to the private sector.
- To participate in dissemination activities related with the research line.
- To create synergies with other research lines at IRTA.