Local recruitment: Australia Project and Office Manager
Established in 2017, Climate Analytics Australia, provides science and policy analysis across climate and energy related strategies and policies, with a focus on empowering civil society and other stakeholders to enhance mitigation ambition in the Asia-Pacific through development of whole of economy as well as sectoral transformational pathways and roadmaps consistent with the Paris Agreement, at regional, national, and subnational level. Our Australia office in Perth, Western Australia also focuses on tracking and assessing climate and energy policy activities against global and regional benchmarks in the Asia-Pacific region.
Working in close collaboration with other Climate Analytics’ offices and global teams, in particular the Climate Policy Team. Climate Analytics Australia currently has 4 staff members and several associates in the broader region. CA Australia acts as a regional hub for CA activities in the Asia-Pacific region. It partners up with academia, think tanks and other organisations and foundations in Australia and in the region, to further advance climate and energy policy research and analysis and concrete action on climate change at regional, national and subnational level.
- You support the head of the Australia office and project leaders in the team in acquisition and managing projects, including tracking of project deliverables, resource planning, management, budget development, control and monitoring, reporting obligations with funders.
- You support the head of the Australia office and team members with organisational and administrative matters in relation to acquisition and implementation of projects.
- You support the logistical planning and booking of national and international trips and activities including internal and external events of our Australia Office team
- You coordinate with the Global Finance Team based in Berlin to provide information on office expenditure, invoicing and income, providing necessary documentation and maintaining the filing and assisting with expense claims.
- You are the main contact for our external tax accountant, lawyers and insurance providers to ensure all necessary documents required for the running of the company are filed on time.
- You act as a liaison with our Human Resources Department based in Berlin and our professional employer organisation (PEO) company.
The position is (preferably) based in Perth, with flexibility due to COVID-19 situation, currently planned as a part-time position (80%) with potential for increase with increasing number of projects.
You ideally have the following skills and qualifications:
- You have training and experience in project management techniques.
- You bring experience in budget controlling, eligibility rules and procedures.
Training in accounting is a plus.
- Strong working proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required.
- You have experience in office administration and have already supported teams in organizational matters.
- You are well organized, pro-active, like attention to detail, self-motivated and flexible and have the ability to work independently but also as part of a larger team.
- You are able to communicate efficiently with individuals from all levels of the organisation in a multicultural environment and across multiple time zones.
- You have excellent English writing and verbal skills.
Application Deadline: 17 January 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Perth, Australia
Terms: Part time position
Requirements: Existing work permit for Australia.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 17 January 2021 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.