Team Leader / Coordinator for the greening of EU development cooperation
The EU intends to create technical assistance and support services to promote the integration of environment and climate change in EU supported programmes, investments and policies. The services should include in particular awareness-raising and capacity development/training, developing and disseminating knowledge, tools and products, providing assistance for the integration of environment and climate change in policies, programming and action documents, and investment proposals, providing on-demand advisory services and tracking environment and climate related financing.
The Team Leader will be in charge of the promotion of the integration of environment and climate change in EU supported programmes, investments and policies as well as supervision and coordination of the input of the support services.
In addition, the Team Leader will be responsible of coordinating the activities’ implementation together with the EU and the responsible institutions in the different regions of the assignment.
• Postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in areas relevant to the job (i.e. environmental sciences, environmental economics, climate change, natural resources management);
• Excellent drafting skills (reports and/or studies);
• Excellent team management skills within a multicultural environment;
• Good communication and facilitation skills;
• Fluency in English and French and/or Spanish;
• Strong analytical skill and computer literacy.
General professional experience
• A minimum of 10 years professional experience in technical assistance projects in the field of environment, climate change, and/or natural resource management and institutional policy development and project/program identification, formulation, implementation within European Institutions;
• At least 5 years’ experience as acting team leader in TA projects.
Specific professional Experience
• At least 5 years of specific professional experience in managing development projects in the field of climate change policies and finance.
• At least 5 years of experience in mainstreaming environment and climate change topics in policies, programming and action documents, and Investment proposals of EU;
• Proven experience in leading large multicultural teams in long-term donor funded projects;
• Perfect understanding of the EU procedures, requirements, operating system as well as of EUs instruments and initiatives for development cooperation;
• Specific experience in awareness-raising, capacity development/training, and knowledge dissemination is an asset;
• At least 2 years of experience working in a similar position within EU funded projects.