Islamic Relief Somalia seeks qualified and experienced Wash Officer to implement WASH campaigns and lead community training on hygiene promotion, develop the activity plans, and promote access to services.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
· Ensure that water-trucking activities is conducted as required in terms of quantity, quality and needs.
· Maintain proper records keeping for water tracking including daily monitoring sheets
· Ensure that you are on the ground and that every trip of the water delivered is signed and documented
· Submit all the records and briefing to the area Manager on matters of Water trucking activities on daily and weekly
· Ensure you submit the project final reports after the end of the projects
· Identification of project sites for the intervention (site identification)
· Conduct baseline and need assessments whenever needed.
· Prepare detail implementation plan of the projects
· Responsible for ensuring high quality of work is maintained for the realization of the project objectives by ensuring designs and specifications are followed by the contractors
· Participation and collaboration with the community leaders to sensitize and mobilize the communities and signing of MOUs and other agreements where necessary.
· Report all problems or abnormalities of any kind at the construction sites to the managements especially to the area Manager.
· Network and submit all documentation to the logistic departments for payment purposes
· Record and ensure there is adequate documentation of the projects
· Submit interim and final report of the project to the area Manager and the country director.
· Ensure regular communication and updates of the project progress through email, telephone to the Area Manager and provide weekly reports
· Field visit to target households, cross checking and update accordingly on regular basis.
· Delivery of a range project tasks to support community interventions;
· Support the monitoring of project activities and assisting with reporting (monthly report, interim report, final report, Intervention completion report);
· Facilitate and support disaster preparedness and public information activities identified;
· External coordination with respective line ministries and clusters on regular basis and project update sharing.
· Be familiar with, and ensure the adherence to, the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, HAP, and Islamic Relief’s policies and procedures.
· Attend all cluster coordination meetings, local authority meetings or government meetings including OCHA meetings
· Develop detail BoQ for any construction and technical work
· Submit any technical project report interim work. , Supervise and monitor all ongoing WASH activities including hygiene promotion activities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Organize implementation of WASH; Water, Hygiene & Sanitation campaigns in project target populations.
- Responsible to train communities on good hygiene and sanitation practices (hold hygiene promotion sessions).
- Plan activities according to the expected progress of the project based on program work plan (monthly plan and weekly movement planning)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong communication skills, used to speak in front of an audience and able to work dynamically with children and adults.
- A university degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology, Public health, environmental science or related field.
- Three years of experience in implementing health and hygiene projects, working with children, preferably in International NGOs
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in sanitation and hygiene promotion and health minimum (3years)
- Work experience and good understanding of INGs systems and structures.
- Proficiency in English (Written and spoken) is essential.
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is essential
Additional job responsibilities
- Identify and inform the area coordinator of any problems or constraints
- Participate in weekly report writing.
- Provide support to the all program staff in the implementation of program activities.
- Submit reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the area coordinator.
- Organize for implementation of Hygiene & Sanitation campaigns
- Support program staff in collecting data and reports per project needs.
- Promote systematically IRW mandate and humanitarian principles to others stakeholders/partner agencies at all times
How to apply
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account: [email protected] and include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as a Wash Officer – Afgoye