Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
To be responsible for the day-to-day activities of Implementation of all projects for IRS in Jowhar district in a timely, accountable and quality manner. IRS is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of field Monitor to be based in 100% in JOWHAR and other rural areas within Jowhar districts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
· Assist Implementation of all projects for IRS in Jowhar in a timely, accountable and quality manner.
· Establishment of good relations with community groups, beneficiaries and IRS staff whom he/she is working with.
· Directly coordinate with project officer and other IRS departments
· Monitor and review all deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the designated sites and verify if the amount units received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged.
· Provide accurate reports of the distribution to the immediate Supervisor.
- Identify any concerns with the distribution arrangements, support and correct if there is any support necessary and report them to the Supervisor.
- Participate, document and ensure you distribute all NFI/Hygiene kits as required per every sites
- Assist in the distribution of emergency NFI/Water trucking to eligible recipients/beneficiaries according to the site selected by the managements and in accordance with approved distribution plan and as per ration size.
- Randomly monitor the distributed items after they have been received by the
beneficiaries at the distribution point.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by his/her immediate supervisor/area manager or any other senior management staff.**
- Support in all the activities specially in the documentation of all the activities specially during the distribution
- Submit report of the distribution to your immediate supervisor to be resubmitted to the managements.
- Ensure you secure and take care of all Islamic relief properties including but not limited to distribution cards, burners, beneficiary list and other related documents.
· Diploma and Secondary Completion Certificate or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
· Experience on Emergency WASH intervention
· Hands On experience in report writing
· Ability to maintain, mobilize, and manage community and his colleagues
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
· Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
· Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
· Good proficiency in written and spoken English
· Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
· Must be a Somali national-fluent in written and spoken Somali and local languages
How to apply
IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account: [email protected] and include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Field Monitor – Jowhar**