The primary responsibility of this role is to perform the daily commercial diving operation of cleaning Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s animal pools. You will set up dive stations, perform Lock out and Tag out on Life Support pump systems, schedule and perform the task of designated person in charge. You’ll train, following guidelines for pool cleaning, inspection criteria and application of latest technology. You will ensure adherence to strict water quality guidelines which is the basis of our aquatic animal health program.
In this role, you will report to the Water Sciences Dive Manager.
This is a full-time 3rd shift role.
- Perform daily diving and pool cleaning
- Test Dive equipment , Dive Rigs, Deck whips, other
- Maintain Log book requirements on equipment
- Set up dive stations and different locations around the park
- Take air tests on breathing air compressors
- Maintain Equipment inventory on dive equipment and non diving equipment
- Set up desludging pumps and hoses
- Diving, Tending, Dive station operator, Standby diver and Dedicated person in charge
- Desire to implement best practices, with focus on streamlined procedures and standardization where applicable
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills including multi-tasking skills
- Ability to build effective and responsive interpersonal relationships to partner with all levels in the organization
- Cultural awareness
- Successfully pass the Disney’s annual dive physical
- Heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Performed at least 30 working dives on surface supplied air
- Valid US Driver’s License
- High school diploma, or equivalent 3 years of directly related experience
- Completed a formal course of instruction at a recognized commercial diving school, military training, or equivalent consisting of at least 317 hours of instruction in surface supply diving and must have documented log book or equivalent
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401k plans
- Tuition assistance
- Community involvement
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.