Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the opportunity:
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to join our established and thriving water team in the South East. They will support a range of projects for our water utility clients and will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects.
Our Water division delivers design, project management and asset management consultancy services to a wide range of clients in the Water sector. From feasibility studies and planning, to design, construction management and operations and maintenance, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success, and we are proud of our extensive portfolio. Out workload is very diverse, and we have teams based in a range of locations across the UK.
Responsibilities will include;
- Leading project technical teams to develop and deliver solutions on projects.
- Working with Project Managers to deliver projects on time and on budget, to high standards.
- Co-ordinating multi-disciplinary activities and inputs by the project team, including specialist inputs, to ensure an integrated solution.
- Close liaison with the client and other stakeholder representatives.
- Interfacing with clients, from within Jacobs and client-side.
- Building strong working relationships with clients and contractors.
- Providing supervision to the project team and supporting individuals’ professional development through appropriate allocation of responsibilities and mentoring.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record in water resources management planning
- Ability to demonstrate systems thinking.
- Strong analytical and visualisation skills.
- Significant water experience and familiarity with UK water sector regulation.
- Significant experience in delivering projects to comply with time, cost and quality standards, including practical experience in leading others to deliver agreed project outcomes.
- Able to simplify complex problems and can work across the lifecycle of the project from business case, through production of feasibility studies, conceptual design, detailed design, construction, commissioning and modification / decommissioning.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical and legal principles governing the project area.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team and be an individual who encourages and empowers others, delegates work to get the best from the team.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop team members to develop the next generation of technical capability.
- Experience in client-facing roles and an ability to build trust within client organisations.
- Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships.
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out engineering functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering, water resources or environmental science subject or equivalent alternative.
- Experience working across cultures and remotely with Global Integrated Delivery teams
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.