A Program Manager is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the San Francisco, CA area. This job will support the development and implementation of Company’s water strategy, and coordinate cross-functional efforts across Product Areas and partner teams. Further develop and maintain Company’s water stewardship project portfolio.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $57.72 – 64.13 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Research, identify and perform full due diligence of water stewardship projects.
- Draft and execute contracts with suppliers, and manage the financial obligations of the contracts (requisitions, POs, invoicing)
- Program financial planning and budget tracking
- Support the definition of nature-based solutions (NBS) strategy for water stewardship projects, in coordination with the carbon team and other internal cross-functional leads.
- Define and execute a plan for external thought leadership on water stewardship (white papers, blog posts, conferences)
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Company-wide coordination of the activities related to developing and implementing Company’s corporate water stewardship program.
- Maintain Company’s water stewardship project portfolio: complete due diligence and contracting of new projects, manage portfolio financial, contractual and reporting requirements, and maintain project portfolio in each priority region in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Support internal coordination with key stakeholders.
Desired years of experience:
- 5-8 years experience in the development and/or management of water stewardship programs, particularly in replenishment/balance projects, watershed health, experience in evaluating project attributes, completing project due diligence and monitoring.
- MSc education or equivalent experience in water resources and water quality science or engineering, or equivalent degree (environmental science, environmental engineering, water, ecology, biology).
- Experience with stakeholder management in the water stewardship field (project developers, relevant NGOs, relevant coalition groups).
- Great communication and program management skills (project scoping and planning, stakeholder management, overall program and individual project coordination).
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in similar positions.
- proficient use of Google sheets/Excel, data management, data QA/QC, extracting insights from data. Corporate sustainability experience or NGO experience. Familiarity with the tech sector.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
- Program Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.