Acclimatise is an award winning, specialist advisory and digital application company, providing world-class expertise in climate change resilience, adaptation and risk management. We are working with some of the world’s largest global companies, development agencies and governments worldwide. We bridge the gap between the latest scientific developments and real-world decision-making, helping our clients to interpret this knowledge within the context of their own strategies, processes, capabilities and stakeholders.
Acclimatise is looking new staff to join our consulting team in the UK. We are looking for candidates that have a range of levels of experience from post-graduates to those nearing 10 years of relevant experience. Consultants will be involved in many aspects of Acclimatise’s international work and will continually develop their skills working in a vibrant and supportive work environment.
Positions are full time, fixed-contract appointments.
The primary role is to:
- Work to support our climate services research and innovation projects (European Commission Horizon 2020 MARCO and EU-MACS projects) through managing your own work (and that of others) and delivering technical reports and other outputs.
- Manage and/ or work as part of a team on a range of international climate change resilience-related projects for our private and public-sector clients.
- Take a proactive role in business development through proposal writing, management of the delivery of winning bids and other related activities.
- Engaging with stakeholders and other organisations as part of the delivery of our work.
- Travel internationally, as necessary.
- Existing right to work in the UK (see note below).
- Educated to Masters level as a minimum in subject relevant to Acclimatise, such as physical sciences, development, economics or international policy.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Fluency in English and excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of climate change risk management, adaptation, resilience and disaster risk-related topics.
- Consultancy experience working in a discipline relevant to Acclimatise.
- Success in delivering climate change adaptation, or similar, consulting projects and winning work.
- At least one other language (French, Spanish, German or Portuguese are preferred).
- Location is negotiable, but preference may be given to candidates willing to work in our Cardiff office.
- Only candidates with UK and EU citizenship, or candidates from other countries with existing valid work permits for the UK can be considered.
Interested applicants should send their CVs, and a covering letter to [email protected], and mark your application with the subject line ‘CONSULTANT APPLICATION JAN2017’. This advert is subject to change during the advertising period – please see the Acclimatise website for the latest version.
Approaches from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2017