- Supports project management initiatives including planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing of projects.
- Monitors and tracks Distribution and Collection expenditures and budget.
- Writes reports based on research and analysis for Senior Management. Documents findings, supporting data, and recommendations. Identifies and monitors operational information on of existing contracts and programs.
- Participates in problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and interprets data/information/findings to develop recommendations for improvement to existing contracts.
- Compiles statistics and summarizes data.
- Conducts research on topics involving collection of data/information from sources such as work management systems, other levels of government, utilities, libraries, other departments and community agencies, conducts literature searches, and utilizes other social, economic and scientific research methods.
- Prepares and co-ordinates briefs and summary reports, on subjects such as legislative changes, research information and implications of findings, program and water management analysis, technologies and equipment.
- Participates in the development and administration of data/information management systems in cooperation with IT support staff.
- Develops and sets up computer applications to store, analyze and retrieve data and conduct analysis.
- Develops and administers databases.
- Attends meetings with internal/external stakeholders and client groups; networks with other Divisions, and different levels of government.
- Researches and analyzes data and information and provides analytical expertise in water distribution and wastewater collection, technologies, policies and procedures for program development and planning issues.
- Collects, analyses, interprets data and prepares/develops and maintains research reports utilizing statistical, work management, various applications and economic data.
- Provides program analysis and research support on a broad range of economic, business and strategic water distribution and wastewater collection/infrastructure issues.
- Makes site visits to observe water practices and work activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Graduation from a recognized University or College program related to Business, Engineering Technology, Applied Sciences, Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the research, qualitative & quantitative analysis and preparation of information and reports for use by the business community, community groups, residents and City staff.
- Demonstrated program/project coordination experience involving multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting fiscal analysis, cost benefit analysis, developing and compiling financial, operating, and performance data, preparing financial and operational plans and analyzing accounting reports and performance indicators.
- Extensive experience with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and including advanced level in Excel), and or equivalent City available software to conduct complex processing of database extracts e.g. SAP and GIS.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “G” and access to a personal vehicle for City use.
You must also have:
- Extensive knowledge of continuous improvement processes and practices (Lean-Six Sigma certification is an asset)
- Understanding of water and/or environmental field and knowledge of water and technologies.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) presentation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff, political representatives, consultants, contractors, public, internal and external stakeholders, and clients.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently with proven ability to organize and manage projects, processes and work teams.
- Ability to provide customer service to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to make site visits to observe water practices and work activities
- Ability to undertake numerical analysis.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.