• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Location: Melbourne CBD We are looking for someone who can establish and maintain strong working relationships with a range of internal and external partners to put integrated water management into practice.
The primary purpose of the Senior Project Officer – Integrated Water Management is to use their technical background to embed integrated water management across Victoria to assist in transforming Victoria’s cities and towns into the most resilient liveable in the world. This includes leading technical analyses to provide an evidence base to support policy reform and strategic projects. The role also has a strong stakeholder partnership focus and will support the implementation of Vicotria’s Integrated Water Management Framework in metropolitan Melbourne.
The successful candidate will apply their technical knowledge to achieve more liveable and resilient communities by supporting the implementation of integrated water management by the water sector and local government.
The Metro Integrated Water Management team, sitting within Resilient Cities and Towns branch, is a dynamic setting with a positive and flexible team culture – we support each other to deliver our best outputs.
We are looking for someone that can directly apply their technical skills to integrated water management problems and use them to add to the understanding of internal and external stakeholders.
- A relevant degree qualification or higher, preferably in engineering, applied science, or similar is mandatory.
- Experience with integrated water management, water resource planning or urban water planning and familiarity with a range of technical tools used in this context is required.
- An understanding of the Victorian water and local government sector, water and land use planning, together with water related modelling is desired
This is a fixed term position available up until November 2021.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and Knowledge and Skills sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 30 December 2020.
Other relevant information:
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
Applicants must possess corresponding work rights to be eligible for appointment for the advertised employment period. To be appointed to an ongoing position you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian/New Zealand citizen.