Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. The organisation is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. JSCF’s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving their access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. The organisation currently works in 13 stated in India and has a head office in New Delhi.
JSCF is anchoring a project to provide safe water access in communities in Hyderabad and in 30 gram panchayats in Chittoor, Guntur and Vizianagram districts of Andhra Pradesh. The project will ensure that families have access to water year-round, particularly during the water scarce months through drinking water provisioning and water conservation methods such as roof top rainwater harvesting and water recharging in project communities and institutions such as schools, anganwadi centres, healthcare facilities, community centres etc.
JSCF is looking for a suitable candidate who will maintain database for all the locations in this project and provide data support for internal MIS and other reports.
Contract Duration: Upto June, 2021 (Extendable depending on extension of the project)
- Maintain project MIS and archiving of project documents including pictures, videos, case studies, process documents etc.
- Data support for monthly reporting to the donor through case studies, progress updates and MIS updating
- Programme MIS Collation, Review and timely closure every month
- Ensuring key project indicators are reported from all four project locations
- Undertake data collection from field team periodically and do data analysis where required
- Inform supervisors of any lapse / anomaly in data collected for their resolution
- Ensure that the reach numbers are tracked as planned in the project
- Ensure that the need assessments, sustainability measures, O&M arrangements and water quality testing measures are recorded for RWH activities
- Develop status reports for discussion in slum committee meetings and other consultations
- Support in all studies planned in the project and aimed towards contributing to the larger programmatic goals in Hyderabad
- Travel as required to verify and validate field records and formats and reporting procedures and train field project team members
- Contribute to preparation of reports/posters/policy briefs and other advocacy tools
- Any other task/assignment that may be assigned as per demand of the project
Eligibilities and requirements
Graduation in social sciences/ any other relevant stream with exposure and skills in data management and use of data management tools.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/ functional context.
- Good in working on MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Good communications skills, both written and oral, in Telugu and English
- Ability to sort and analyse data
- Experience of WASH and water conservation in a community setting will be an added advantage.
Understanding of issues pertaining to drinking water in urban communities
- Familiar with survey tools, data collection techniques and monitoring apps
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively in the field to monitor and support field teams in qualitative and quantitative reporting of the project
- Ability to prioritise, set and meet deadlines
Please forward your resume to [email protected] mentioning “Application for Project Officer-MIS, Hyderabad” in the subject.
Closing date: December 27, 2020