Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. The organisation is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. JSCF’s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving their access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. The organisation currently works in 13 stated in India and has a head office in New Delhi.
JSCF is anchoring a project to provide safe water access in communities in Hyderabad and in 30 gram panchayats in Chittoor, Guntur and Vizianagram districts of Andhra Pradesh. The project will ensure that families have access to water year-round, particularly during the water scarce months through drinking water provisioning and water conservation methods such as roof top rainwater harvesting and water recharging in project communities and institutions such as schools, anganwadi centres, healthcare facilities, community centres etc.
JSCF is looking for a suitable candidate who will provide technical support for implementation of water conservation activities and setting systems and measures for sustainability of rainwater harvesting structures in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Contract Duration: Upto June, 2021 (Extendable depending on extension of the project)
- Identify locations for the rainwater harvesting structures to be constructed under the project
- Provide support in the interface with RWAs for technical solutions on water conservation
- Consult with key stakeholders of the water conservation activity and explain the purpose of the work
- Prepare design, estimations and contribution plan for hardware structures such as rainwater harvesting structure
- Work in close coordination with Technical officer of the PMU and ensure technical standards are complied with
- Supervise the quality of construction in the field and coordinating with multiple vendors/contractors in construction activities.
- Collect the bills from contractor and submit for settlements
- Execute any other work as assigned from time to time by Programme Coordinator
- Take pre-intervention and post-intervention photos of high quality for donor reporting
Eligibilities and requirements
- Graduation / Post graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: Hydrogeology/ Civil Engineering/ any other relevant stream. Additional qualification in water, sanitation and hygiene will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/ functional context.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with vendors and with field challenges in construction of hardware structures .
- Demonstrated experience in working with community on urban settings on social issues.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral, in Telugu, Hindi & English
- Understanding of urban WASH and water conservation and other issues pertaining to drinking water in urban communities
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively in the field
- Ability to prioritise, set and meet deadlines
Please forward your resume to [email protected] mentioning “Application for Project Officer – Technical, Hyderabad” in the subject.
Closing date: December 27, 2020