. Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
. Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
. Ensure proper filing of documents
. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
· Participates in the designing of needs identification tools and project monitoring and evaluation tools.
· Contributes to the operational planning of project activities;
· Establishes, monitors and evaluates the weekly and monthly planning of the team’s activities.
· Make monthly forecasts of related expenses according to the established model and monitor them.
· Designs training modules for local leaders and contributes to the improvement of existing ones;
· Maintain a close link and collaborate with other sectors in particular health, protection, ICLA, education, food security, etc.
· Preparing monthly progress reports and other technical documents or tools
· Contributes to capacity building of project staff
· Collaborate with local authorities and other stakeholders and Promote the rights of people affected by displacement (IDPs, returnees, refugees, host populations) in line with NRC’s advocacy strategy.
· Ensure that water and sanitation, shelter and NFI activities and monitoring activities are implemented in a timely and professional manner and in line with the needs of beneficiaries
· Trains and supports team members, service providers and local and technical partners.
· Promotes synergy with NRC’s other core competencies in order to develop integrated approaches for a holistic response to the needs of beneficiary populations;
· In collaboration its supervisor actively participates in the recruitment process of team members.
· Participates in the drafting of all WASH/SHELTER technical documents, in accordance with Sphere standards, current building codes and the recommendations of the various ministries concerned by the works to be carried out or rehabilitated.
· Develops the necessary tools for the WASH/SHELTER program according to the supervisor’s instructions (drawing, specifications, technical specifications, service contract, supply and use of construction materials, etc.).
· Ensure that standards are known and applied during the implementation of Shelter and WASH projects in the field. Identifies relevant advocacy issues related to land issues and legal identity.
· Controls the quality of the WASH and SHELTER infrastructure built and the proper execution of WASH/shelter works, including the rehabilitation and construction of boreholes, the construction of latrines and the construction of emergency shelters.
· Participate in the implementation of the monitoring plan of activities delegated by the supervisor,
· Ensures the archiving of all project documents.
· With the support of the supervisor, conducts assessments and technical surveys of new water sources and sanitation facilities (latrines, showers, laundry)
· Manages the supervision of all construction works related to water and sanitation. And shelters
· Maintain a system of reasonable control over the materials and tools used, while mentioning the quality of the material obtained.
· Ensure that all water and sanitation and shelter works are in line with national and local guidelines.
· At the supervisor’s request, participates in any cross-sectoral assessment process, including analysis and planning.
· Directly manages day-to-day hygiene promotion activities in the field
· Ensure that hygiene promotion activities achieve their objectives within the set timeframe;
· Ensure that activities promote accountability to beneficiaries, gender and protection sensitivity and effective inclusion in programming
· Provide technical support and training to hygiene promoters and community volunteers
· Provide regular reports at the required frequency and in the required manner, document the results and keep detailed records.
· Preparing and implementing the distribution of IFNs, including site preparation, verification, distribution, crowd control and complaint handling.
· At the supervisor’s request, represents NRC in working group meetings in connection with the various Wash Et SHELTER sectors.
· Reports on difficulties, lessons learned and any other obstacles that may impinge on the implementation of the activities
· Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor
Generic professional competencies:
· Hold a university degree (Bac + 4) in EHA, hydraulics, hydrology, civil engineering, public works, architecture, or its equivalent;
· Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Solid knowledge of the principles of wash and shelter in a conflicting environment
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Proven knowledge in WASH and shelter infrastructure construction including borehole construction/rehabilitation, traditional housing in the Far North
· Project design skills
· Good capacity for planning and monitoring of activities
· Have a great capacity for analysis and timely completion
· Have good knowledge/experience in conducting qualitative/quantitative assessments and in responding adequately to identified gaps
· Ability to work in a team and in a heterogeneous and international environment;
· Have a good knowledge of the local cultures and languages of the areas of intervention;
· Have a good knowledge of the Far North and in particular of rural communities;
· Have a good command of computers (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAD software).
Beginning: January 2021
Fix term Contract of twelve months
Duty Station: Maroua with 75 % of field travel
Salary and benefits: As per NRC Cameroon salary grid