Want to use your skills in advocacy, management and convening to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as SWA CSO Engagement Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid campaigns team is a fantastic group of passionate, considerate and easy-going people who want to bring change to this world. As our SWA CSO Engagement Manager, you would be using your skills and knowledge to spur CSOs into action with the partnership. You will have the opportunity to work with CSOs across different cultures and values. The role will also expose you to working with multilateral institutions, private sector and research organisations.
This role is a Full-Time, Fixed contract (12 months) with a possibility of extension. Under normal circumstances, you would be based in our offices at Canary Wharf, London. We are open to flexible working (30%-50%) arrangement from home or in one of our programme countries.
The CSO engagement manager shall oversee the overall coordination of civil society constituents within the SWA partnership to deliver the SWA objectives and strategic framework. They shall support the SWA CSO Steering Committee in delivering performing their duties within the partnership and SWA governance bodies. They shall be responsible for preparing grant reports.
You will also:
* Oversee the development and implementation of the Civil Society Constituency Strategy and develop strategic engagement plans and workplans for CSO engagement within SWA
* Support CSOs with comprehensive information on how to engage in SWA and train new CSO partners
* Support CSOs to engage in SWA’s governance bodies, such as the Steering Committee, the sub-committees and working groups
* Provide support to CSOs in the commitments building process and reporting back under SWA’s Mutual Accountability Mechanism
To be successful, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience of both coordinating and working within global, regional and national CSO networks and coalitions preferably in and with developing countries
- Experienced manager and/or specialist, with strong practical experience in their area.
- Experience to understand organisational dynamics, processes and build effective relationships to influence and negotiate effectively
- Experience of managing/leading projects that have a significant impact on the work of the organization
- Demonstrable experience in leading successful advocacy, campaigning and policy analysis within the development sector
£41,210 to £43,400 (subject to experience) with excellent benefits. Salaries for different countries will vary in line with WaterAid’s country salary scales.
WaterAid benefits vary depending on the country of the successful candidates. For UK-based posts this includes:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket LoanFree annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close 23:59 on Sunday 17 January 2021. Availability for interview is required between w/c 25 January 2021. Due to COVID19 restrictions, we shall conduct interviews online via Zoom.
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base (flexible location). Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship or relocation for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the country to which you wish to work.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.