Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Environmental Engineering Unit (EEU), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Design and implement environmental controls related to Mission infrastructure to ensure compliance and efficient environmental risk management, based on HQ or Mission guidance and regulatory obligations;
- Design and implement the mission’s waste management plan in accordance with UNMISS SOPs and applicable HQ guidance to achieve the Mission’s environmental performance objectives;
- Prepare report on environmental engineering projects in the Mission;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify and address environmental engineering related issues and opportunities;
- Create CAD drawings of required environmental engineering controls;
- Maintiain the technical environmental engineering line of communication to the Field Engineering Offices;
- Participate in implementation of pilot projects or tests to produce innovative solutions to situations unique to field locations;
- Perform any other tasks required to support the Engineering Section as directed by the Head of the Environmental Engineering Unit.
Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering with focus on environmental engineering and/or water resources concentration, Health and Sanitation Engineering, Water Resource Engineering and/or related areas of study.
At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of environmental engineering or civil engineering, health and sanitation engineering and/or related areas. Experience in simultaneous management of relevant projects is an asset;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 30-12-2020