The Bishop Gassis Relief and Rescue Foundation (BGRRF) initially with its Main Office in Nairobi, Kenya and currently transitioning to Turalei in Twic County – South Sudan has grown out of the pastoral services, and humanitarian and development programmes implemented through the Diocese of El Obeid (DoE), in Sudan and South Sudan.
The Foundation (BGRRF), in close collaboration with the Diocese of El Obeid is responding to the needs in the Nuba Mountains of South Kordofan and in Twic state in South Sudan and Abyei with humanitarian, development and pastoral programme.
The Main purpose of the Role
The WASH Officer will support the implementation of activities as it relates to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and overall achievement of output of the projects. In the regard, the availability of adequate and safe drinking water is crucial to the reduction of water borne diseases, such as diarrhoea. The preferred candidate will support effort at strengthening the capacity of specific community structures, government institutions in coordination with other peer organizations to ensure the sustenance of the SDI intervention.
The Person Specification
- A development worker with postgraduate qualification in Public health with specialisation in Environment or Health education. Other post graduate qualifications related to water and sanitations with at least 3 years progressive experience in WASH programming will be given consideration.
- Basic training in WASH programming
- 3 years programming experience with I/NGO in Sudan / South Sudan
- Very good understanding of national WASH policies and strategies, programmes and stakeholders in Sudan / South Sudan
- Very good understanding of safe water and hygiene practice.
- Experience in community based interventions in South Sudan
- Master trainer and good facilitator.
Safeguarding Programme Participants Policy:
BGRRF is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with BGRRF will be expected to sign BGRRF Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] by December 23rd 2020.
The cover letter should indicate the present and desired salary, notice period and 3 current references.
BGRRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Female Candidates are encouraged to apply