Chief of Party, USAID Research and Learning in Water Security, Sanitation and Hygiene Activity, Washington, DC
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID is launching its first Water and Development Implementation Plan Research Agenda with the intention of expanding the evidence base about what works in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programming and under what conditions. The planned research activities will be organized around different technical focus areas including on-site sanitation services and hygiene, sustainable rural water resources and services, urban WASH services and policy environment and WASH sector finance.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to provide overall strategic vision, technical leadership and management for this upcoming Activity. The COP will be based in Washington, DC, and will be responsible for coordinating closely with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to ensure that the Activity reaches its intended research and learning goals.
- Provide strategic vision, technical leadership, and guidance for the Activity.
- Provide high-level management of the consortium of partners under this Activity.
- Serve as SI’s primary point of contact with USAID on a regular basis and represent the activity before USAID implementing partners (IPs) and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including sub-contractors, government officials, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic institutions and community groups for smooth implementation.
- Provide oversight and supervision of all long and short-term personnel by acting as a mentor, and ensuring appropriate training and human resource planning
- Facilitate the development of quarterly and annual Activity work plans and budgets and ensure the timely submission and quality of all activity reports, materials, and publications, compliant with the contract agreement.
- Ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Be a thought leader in WASH by representing the Activity at conferences, meetings and in other forums to achieve dissemination goals, maintain networks and awareness of gaps and new developments in the WASH sector.
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences, water resource management, engineering, public health, or a related field.
- At least ten years of senior-level WASH experience implementing, managing, monitoring, or evaluating international development projects.
- Experience with implementation and/or applied research of complex WASH programs.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and leading teams and managing a diverse (and at times, remote) staff.
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative methods, experimental design, and data collection and statical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate program findings effectively in a variety of forums and to diverse audience including through peer-reviewed publications and Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA).
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project participants.
- Experience building organizational capacity for WASH programs in monitoring and evaluation and/or training.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party and/or Project Director on a USAID funded contract.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Additional language skills (particularly in French or other languages spoken in WASH priority countries) would be an added asset.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.