The position is substituting a colleague. It is located in Bonn and limited until 31 August 2024.
As a member of DIE’s water governance team (www.die-gdi.de/en/water-governance/), the researcher will do research and give policy advice on selected issues of water governance in a developing country context. The person will furthermore promote DIE’s networking (e.g. in the context of the Bonn Water Network, in NRW, nationally and internationally), and will support third party funding applications for inter- and transdisciplinary projects in the field.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Excellent academic record based on a PhD in political science, economics, human geography, or social sciences, focusing on a water-governance related topic; thesis at least submitted;
- Strong conceptual and methodological skills in fields such as institutional analysis, multi-level environmental governance, political ecology;
- Research or work experience in developing countries;
- Experience with third-party funding acquisition is an asset;
- Willingness to engage in policy advice and water-related networks; previous experiences are assets;
- Very good written and spoken English skills; knowledge of German and other major international language are an advantage;
- Eagerness to work in an inter- and transdisciplinary team and good communication skills;
- Willingness and aptness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical climate („Tropentauglichkeit“).
- Flexible working hours with a weekly working time of 27.3 hours (70%);
- Possibility to use a job ticket and a good connection to public transport;
- Trainings for further professional development;
- Company pension scheme with the VBLU;
- A modern and interesting workplace with a good working atmosphere.
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in international discussions, political processes and scientific debates.
In the case of equal qualification, severely disabled persons will be given preference. We want to promote the diversity of our employees and would like applications from women, men and diverse people.
For further questions, please contact Dr. Annabelle Houdret, [email protected] The DIE will be closed between Dec. 23 and Jan. 5 and feedback will not be provided during this time.
Applications with the position number 2020-C-03 with detailed documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, lists of publications and third party funding experience, relevant certificates) must be submitted exclusively via application portal by 17 January 2021.