The Basin Plan Regulation Portfolio is seeking an EL1 Assistant Director Evaluation and Reporting for an ongoing opportunity.
The Basin Plan Regulation Portfolio undertakes a variety of regulatory and assessment functions, which range from the assessment of water resource plans, management of the system of accounts that keeps track of how much water is taken each year from the Basin’s rivers, valleys and groundwater systems, coordination of monitoring in the Basin, to regular evaluations of the Basin Plan. The Basin Plan Regulation Portfolio is also the home of the Office of Compliance.
The Assistant Director Evaluation and Reporting is a strategic thinker with strong management and leadership skills as well as possesses the flexibility, motivation and desire to make a difference.
The Assistant Director Evaluation and Reporting is skilled at monitoring, evaluation and reporting, can work independently, demonstrates initiative, and is driven by outcomes. The successful candidate will actively engage across the MDBA, other agencies and key stakeholders to deliver monitoring, reporting and evaluation priorities for the Murray Darling Basin Authority.
The key duties, skills and attributes for this role are to:
• Lead the development of innovative strategies and solutions for reporting and evaluating on Basin Plan implementation and effectiveness
• Liaise across all spheres of government and with other stakeholders on issues relating to the 2025 Evaluation of the Basin Plan and monitoring frameworks
• Provide support to inter-jurisdictional working groups
• Develop and implement work plans, sets work area priorities and deliver evaluation and reporting projects.
• Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders through engagement and collaboration in order to achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation
• Assess options and make judgements of diverse and complex information through the application of evaluative and problem-solving thinking