Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) is a leading think-tank working on economic and public policy issues. From its modest beginnings in 1983, CUTS has grown significantly as a local and global research and advocacy group in addressing the challenges to enhance consumer welfare. From a small voluntary consumer non-governmental organisation (NGO) working locally in Rajasthan, a state in North West India, to make consumers aware of their rights and seek resolution of their grievances, CUTS has over time progressed to policy research and network-based advocacy on various public policy issues at state, national, regional and international levels.
Its work spans a multi-pronged agenda targeted to the realisation of CUTS’ Vision of ‘Consumer sovereignty’ and its Mission of ‘consumer sovereignty in the framework of social justice, economic equality and environmental balance, within and across borders.’
CUTS work now revolves around three verticals: Rules-based Trade, Effective Regulation and Good Governance. This graduation happened organically because of the demands made on CUTS to work on policy issues, which would enhance consumer welfare, with the realisation that consumers need to be protected upfront and not only ex post.
Please refer link for more information https://cuts-international.org/
JOB CODE: CUTS56CONSULTANT
VACANCY: Consultant, Trans boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) project
Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) seeks an experienced and committed resource for the position of Consultant for a regional programme Trans boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) implemented b Oxfam. CUTS International is a regional partner of TROSA. The ultimate goal (impact) of the project is reduced poverty of marginalized and vulnerable river basin communities through increased access to and control over water resources.
The selected candidate will work in close collaboration of research and programme team of CUTS International and will be responsible for research and technical assistance in planning, implementation of various interventions under TROSA.
CUTS is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, marital status or physical disability. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
1. Conduct policy research, data analysis and support in field work in selected field locations in Brahmaputra and Meghna basins;
2. Organise grass-root level meeting at selected locations in West Bengal and Northeast India with riverine communities;
3. Liasioning with the key stakeholders in India and Bangladesh ministries and as well as with private sector for inclusive trans-boundary river navigation, trade and tourism;
4. Support CUTS International in organizing multi-stakeholder dialogues and webinars on inland waterways, river tourism and cross-border trade related issues
QUALIFICATIONS and PROFICIENCY :
1. Graduate degree in engineering with specialization in river engineering and port management;
2. Minimum of 20 years of experience related to river management, inland waterways or trans-boundary water related issues;
3. Excellent communication skills, good negotiation and influencing skills;
4. Previous experience of working with global donor or development projects with NGOs and international organizations;
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bangla;
Contract Duration and Appointment:
1. The period of consultancy will be from 16th December, 2020 to 30th September 2021;
2. The consultant will be required to travel frequently in India and Bangladesh with project team on short notice;
3. Professional Fee will be determined based on qualification and experience;
4. Additional costs for travel and communications will be provided.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to [email protected], along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please mention job code in subject line of application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered.
Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted. If you do not hear from our end within 15 days after the submission of the application, please consider that you have not been shortlisted.