Job Role: Coordinator – WAPRO Haryana Project
1. The Employer: Partners in Prosperity is value driven organisation specializing in system level approaches to analyse complexities, develop solutions and help implement the same towards achieving equitable economic and social development outcomes, in pursuing Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Location: Karnal/Kurukshetra, Haryana
3. Brief Job Description:
The role of the Project Manager is to:
– Bring together all the stakeholders (rural farmers, 1000 paddy processing units in Karnal cluster in Haryana, irrigation equipment sellers, financial institutions, regulators and government departments) around a common agenda and facilitating collective action leading to an overall improvement in the basin management practices.
– Conduct review of Alliance for Water Stewardship criteria for the local conditions of Haryana
– Create effective Water User Groups (WUG) on village level and coaching for roles within them.
– Engage the Community and sensitizing them about water usage
– Ensure that farming income and increased water productivity for 1500 direct farmer families and 6000 indirect farmer families is embedded in a supportive infrastructure (extension services)) and participatory local water governance schemes and their corresponding regulatory and market frameworks in the rice belt in Haryana
– Engage Water User Groups, local governments for benefit communication, policy advocacy and sharing of success stories
– Coordinate and support in developing print/ digital/ video collaterals to share the experience within national communities and practitioners’ networks.
– Share with the government the good practices of water reduction practices (improved water efficiency).
– Ensure that by farmers participating in trainings or sensitisation events is more than 70%
Graduate/Post graduate in Agriculture / horticulture /social science with atleast five years of working experience in any agri based sector would be an added advantage. Candidates from Haryana are preferable.
Age: Below 35 years.
Languages: Should be proficient in English and Hindi fluently.
Salary to the candidate will commensurate as per organisation’s guidelines.
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently email their updated resumes along with three references and expected salary to [email protected] along with a cover letter highlighting the motivation to apply and suitability for the position.